Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My Soul – The Ocean

The ocean breathes through me
And my soul breathes the ocean.
White flowers swirl in the seafoam.
My offering, accepted by the tide.
Yemaya smiles.


Cool are the pearls around my neck.
The breeze kisses them and whispers,
Softly. Sweet words. Powerful words.
Kneeling in the sea, I close my eyes,
I breathe deep...


The ocean breathes through me,
And my soul breathes the ocean.
White flowers swirl in the seafoam.
My offering, accepted by the tide.
Yemaya smiles.

The sun blesses me with it's rays.
The waves come and embrace me.
My senses, drink it all in.
Purified, I raise my hands to the sky.
I breathe deep...

The ocean breathes through me,
And my soul breathes the ocean.
White flowers swirl in the seafoam.
My offering, accepted by the tide.
Yemaya smiles.

This moment is too great for my body.
The physical is shed, the spirit renewed.
My brethren, the currents, rush to greet me,
To take me on a journey.
To take me home.
I breathe deep...
And Yemaya smiles.


Mo juba awo Yemaya.
(I humble myself before the mystery of Yemaya.)

No comments: